The benefits of establishing a fitness program for employees are quickly becoming noticeable in the business world. A successful fitness program has numerous advantages for both the individual and the employer, and it goes far beyond weight loss. Employees will have increased concentration, a positive attitude toward their work, more energy, better health, and a major reduction in stress. Employers will notice increased production, lower employee turnover, and improved morale and teamwork.
The first stage is to enlist the participation of the employees in the program. It can be difficult to persuade employees to join a weight-loss program. An excellent method is to pitch the corporate weightloss challenge program for employees. A challenge creates a competitive atmosphere. When there is competition and an incentive, employees are more likely to engage.
Consider the age and physical levels of your employees before putting together an employee weight loss challenge. Make sure that everyone in your company has access to your program. Begin by establishing a fitness group of enthusiastic staff.
- Explain the corporate weightloss challenge so that all employees understand its importance and why the company is encouraging and supporting participation.
- Employees should be made aware of the value of physical fitness. Once a week put on a fitness seminar. Choose a fitness or healthy living issue and invite an expert to speak about it, or have one employee choose a topic and report to the group.
- Create a challenge calendar for employees to see what activities are coming up. Create a Weekly Participant Summary Form for employees to use to document changes and streamline tracking and reporting. On a weekly basis, each employee should complete the Weekly Participant Summary Form and deliver it to the Program Leader.
- Make an effort to participate in at least three physical activities each week.
- Create a rewards program in which the top 5 or 10 most successful participants are rewarded with gym membership reimbursements or other cash incentives.